THE GIFTS OF ACCEPTANCE
What Would Your Life Be Like If You Accepted People and Things as They Are?
Do you wish your parents had been more nurturing and supportive? Are you wondering if you’ll ever find your perfect soul mate and dream boss? Do you wish you had “perfect” children, relatives who never fight, and friends who always agree with you? No one gets to sail through life free of turbulence. What separates people who shake it off, bounce back, and stay positive from the bitter, never satisfied, and defeated?
Best-selling author and former compulsive controller Daniel A. Miller convincingly attests that the answer is choosing acceptance. In the GIFTS OF ACCEPTANCE: Embracing People and Things as They Are, Danny shares what he’s learned—through extensive research, inspiring true stories, and his own experience with hardships—about the integral relationship between accepting the facts of life and others, with their quirks, flaws, and differences, and enjoying greater satisfaction in life.
Recognizing the benefits of acceptance isn’t difficult. Yet the reality of accepting an unexpected job loss or financial setbacks, a friend’s betrayal, a child’s struggle with addiction, a serious illness, or even the annoying traits of a loved one can be extremely challenging. To make it easier, THE GIFTS OF ACCEPTANCE offers insights, intentions, and strategies for practicing acceptance of parents, a significant other, children, siblings and extended family, coworkers, friends, and foes; of life’s adversities and the limitations of getting older; and, perhaps toughest of all, of yourself.
You will learn how practicing acceptance helps you
- Navigate life’s ups and downs more easily
- Enjoy greater trust, openness, and intimacy with your loved ones and those closest to you
- Survive control freaks, foes, and other crazy makers
- Lift self-imposed burdens and obligations and experience less stress, frustration, and worry
- Reduce the struggle with your children
- Strengthen bonds with coworkers and business associates
- Discover new choices and opportunities in the most discouraging situations
- Turn setbacks and failures to future successes
- Find the path to secure self-acceptance
THE GIFTS OF ACCEPTANCE is a book with the potential to repair relationships, revitalize careers, and make the world a better place.
Find out how accepting “What Is” lets you discover “What Might Be”!